Monty goes for a walk.

Here we go again with a weekly task in 3D!! Much excitement (I'm kidding). It just gets trickier and trickier, week after week. Well, in...

Here we go again with a weekly task in 3D!! Much excitement (I'm kidding). It just gets trickier and trickier, week after week. Well, in the previous week, we had to animate a fox rig jumping about with the effect of 'overlap and follow through'. This week however... we had to animate a Mike Wazowski doppelganger (also known as Monty) walking. -cues dramatic music-

I'll be really honest with you, this took me such a darn long time to animate. You know why? Cause every single time I tried animating Mr Monty here, he ends up doing a very terrible skiing movement that is very nonhuman-like (not like Monty is a human, but I'm not assuming his species).

Here you go, and I hope you like the end bit:



It definitely looks like Monty is doing a forced gravitational walk in an anti-gravitational space. Nevertheless, I liked that little touch of sass of walk confidence that I added at the end. Overall, I felt this was a much higher improvement that I've made over the other Montys that I animated the walk (or slide) for. This actually looked like a walk! -sprinkles confetti of pride over achieved task-

This is dedicated to all the different versions of sliding Montys in both my memory stick and Z drive. You lived a good life.


Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images