Squash and stretch.

Maya has always been a challenge for me, to be honest. All the curves and keys and things you have to click? But after you get the gist of i...

Maya has always been a challenge for me, to be honest. All the curves and keys and things you have to click? But after you get the gist of it, everything is fine... until the next exercise. (plays dramatic music)

So, under the theme of "squash-and-stretch", we were asked to animate a bouncing ball in a room in Maya. Sounds easy, doesn't it? It's just key framing the bounces, then squashing the ball afterwards, right? Easy peasy!!

n o.

Here's my very terrible attempt at trying to make a ball not look like a faulty-produced ball that's bouncing about.




I would say, I like the end bit where the ball has a light bounce and then stops. To me, that actually seems like a genuine bounce. The starting bit however, it was kind of jerky. Again, I might say it's an issue with the timing that I've set, or maybe it was way over-squashed.

Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images