1, 2, 3, Jump!

So, what comes next after drawing tons and tons of circular objects? Boxed humans. Technically, it's a lot easier to draw the forms as s...

So, what comes next after drawing tons and tons of circular objects? Boxed humans. Technically, it's a lot easier to draw the forms as simple as it is to get the action right- before drawing complex things like an actual realistic human being. After all, if the foundation is weak... not much bibbidi-bobbidi-boo can happen.

Before actually doing some digital magic on TVPaint, I drew out some sketches of how the box man should look like during each key frame of the leap. One thing I noticed was that, when we had to build up the anticipation of the character before the tiny jump, I had absolutely no trouble drawing my purple human box looking to the right, but I had a weird trouble with drawing it looking to the left.



If you've seen me constantly doing a weird thing in the studio a.k.a. turning my body left and right like some chicken doing a weird dance, that was me trying to get a sense of how the character should turn to the left and right... accurately.

Anyway-

Here's my little purple human box taking a leap of faith over a very non-existential gap. Originally, I drew expressions onto it but I removed it since the main point of this exercise was to look at the squash and stretch of the block form of a human while it's acting out certain stuffs like jumping.


Is it just me or do the colours look aesthetically pleasing to the eye? Again, I definitely screwed up on the timing. If it got slowed down a little, it would be perfect. However, I'm happy with the anticipation and reaction of my little purple being.

Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images