Swoosh goes the head.

I like how animation is a medium that manages to catch the tiniest details and bring it to life. For example, a head turn. I mean, come to t...

I like how animation is a medium that manages to catch the tiniest details and bring it to life. For example, a head turn. I mean, come to think of it, we turn our heads on a daily basis, watch cartoons where most head turns happen as well. When it comes to animating them, it just gets broken down into parts.

What I really liked about this exercise was that we could design our own characters, which was cool. This exercise also showed that arcs were very useful as our head 'dips' down a little while we turn our heads. And if you were trying to turn your head several times after that sentence to test whether that statement is true or not... you deserve a star sticker!




Trust me when I say that this took me at least a solid three hours to do. One thing that I struggled the MOST was trying to keep my character looking consistent. As you can see from the video, my bug eyed human bean definitely looks different in each keyframe, which annoys me a whole lot. Definitely have to work on my consistency, or maybe do sketches of the character from different angles first before actually animating it.

LATEST ATTEMPT: <click here to view>

Until the next time- have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images