What does the fox do- hop hop.

It's a weekly thing of me going into a 3D session trying to process whatever that is going on in the big screen. After the session, I le...

It's a weekly thing of me going into a 3D session trying to process whatever that is going on in the big screen. After the session, I leave the studio with a head full of positivity of "I-so-know-how-to-do-it-and-I-can't-wait-to-animate-it-later". Then when the time comes for me to sit down and actually start up Maya to animate the rigs... that's when I feel like a fish out of water.

This time, we learnt about overlap and follow through. During the session, we did a trial run on making a tail have that overlap and follow through effect when it swooshes from side to side. As a task, we were given a very adorable rig to animate with. We had to make it jump onto some polygons, while having the application of 'overlap and follow through'.

So, here goes my attempt of making a fox hop onto a block.



Oddly enough, I found this exercise much easier and exciting than the others. Maybe it's because we had a real character rig to play around with after all the exercises of squishing and stretching balls. I definitely liked my timing on this exercise as it seemed smooth. I will point out that my fox's tail didn't feel like a tail but more of a swooshing of a sting. I mean, who said foxes can't have stings instead of tails?

Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images