Diversity: Backgrounds

Throughout the live brief, other than taking charge of the schedules and assigning tasks, I took up the role of colouring layouts with Ting....

Throughout the live brief, other than taking charge of the schedules and assigning tasks, I took up the role of colouring layouts with Ting.

The layout artist for this project was Majua. Honestly, he's a very talented person when it came to layouts and they all looked superb! He managed to capture the essence of a kindergarten well. I remember watching Gakuen Babysitters one evening and asking him to get some of inspiration from it.

Snippet from Gakuen Babysitters.

P.S.: If you have not watched Gakuen Babysitters yet... give it a go! It's a very heart-warming series and I highly recommend it.



So, with our pastel colour palette in mind, these are how the final backgrounds that I've coloured looked like:








We added the 'Noise' effect to give the backgrounds a little more texture. For the background with the view of the lights, I added in the effect of 'Outer Glow' to show that the lights are on instead of leaving it looking flat.

Onwards to animations!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images