Pish posh, emosh.

Having to convey emotions with just faceless puppets and not having any audio/sounds to back it up is a fairly difficult task as it all come...

Having to convey emotions with just faceless puppets and not having any audio/sounds to back it up is a fairly difficult task as it all comes down to body language. As Ursula once said it:



Some of the most common emotions that us humans have are anger, sadness and happiness. I was planning to go for a "oh-dear-why, go-to-your-room" sort of emotion which resonates with parents especially when their child has done something absolutely disappointing. 

Animating it on ones is definitely still something that I'm trying to get used to. I tend to forget that every delicate movement of just 0.1mm still counts as a shot. Sometimes I move the limbs a little too much and the entire scene just becomes really jerky and glitchy which in turn meant the dreaded thing: redoing the sequence.


So, here goes:


I genuinely liked how smooth it went. If I were to re-do it all over again, I would change the part where the puppet moves his finger in protest, and make sure that it isn't in a perfect arc. All in all, this exercise definitely goes to show that body language is always important when conveying a certain emotion.
Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images