Sheet after sheet (ShelterBox)

As a producer of the film, I had to come up with effective ways to make sure that production was going to go as smoothly as possible. The mo...

As a producer of the film, I had to come up with effective ways to make sure that production was going to go as smoothly as possible. The most common ways were to create deadlines/milestones and also some sort of schedule to make sure everyone kept by it. Back in first year, I was in a few third year productions and needless to say, I picked up some essentials of a production and decided to apply it into this current project.

I created a general milestone schedule or otherwise called as the Production Overview/Schedule:



I followed it up by making an individual schedule sheet so that every member can keep track with what they need to complete by a certain deadline rather than just verbally saying it and possibly making us lose some precious time.



Next, I made a Shot List to keep up with completed shots and knowing if we've distributed out the shots to people and what's next on that particular shot. This is where most of the details of each shot will be at.



I also created an general info sheet for the members to make sure that they know the file naming convention, in case we start losing files due to the naming conventions and have them to redo it just because we can't locate it. There's also file requirements on the sheet but most of the time, Ting (the Director) and I would have already created a file with the rough animatic scene in it before giving it out to the team. I also allocated the specific brush that we normally use for clean-ups onto the info sheet to avoid any confusion.



For colourists, I made another colouring info sheet for them to tell them the general requirements of colouring each shot.



All of these were definitely not a waste of time at all. If anything, it definitely helped out in production and made sure we worked properly and productively as a team. I really enjoyed making these!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images