'Dog Wants A Kitten'.

After all those practices that we were given in Motion Studies class, it was all mounted up into this final piece of production sequence cal...

After all those practices that we were given in Motion Studies class, it was all mounted up into this final piece of production sequence called 'Dog Wants A Kitten'. We were all told to design a dog armature and build it using wires, polymorph, foam, and some other bits and bops that were given to us. Other than that, we were also told to do a lip sync with the audio file that was given to us alongside with eye blinks for the characters.

This was my dog armature:






My dog in these pictures didn't have a head to go with it as the foam that I wanted to use started to corrode with the fixative that I used and it didn't hold the wire steadily. In the end, I ended up using polymorph for the dog's head and also its ears.

Unlike my other stop-motion buddies, their dog is so much more complete than of mine. What was important to me was that my dog survived through the entire production sequence! Although its tail broke off after shooting 3 scenes, it was alright as I had some black tack to stick it back together.

Here goes:



I keep making the mistake of not checking the set-up and making sure that all the unnecessary objects were out of shot (e.g., pen/paper/wires). In some of the scenes, the blinks were also too quick which really bothered me but I didn't have enough time to spare to re-do those scenes again.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the outcome, but I believe I could have done better! Also, the quality of images that come from using DSLRs make me not want to use those webcams for even just general practices! I mean, look at those quality images.

Have a nice day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images